20... getting over life.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Some Ranting

So i've had a bunch of things on my mind, and i guess this is as good a place as any to air out my thoughts and ideas.

As i was reading a recent slashdot poll [which i don't care to link to] i was frustrated by the amount of bigotry in our society. People from outside a social group, looking in, don't always get an accurate view of it. Some will say, "i've been there!" Some will cheat to get into the group, not truly understanding the views behind the people, but only observing their outward apperance, and then some will just let it lie. A couple cases in point: Ex-Mormon people who become Anti-Mormon people. The obligotory quote of "I grew up in a mormon home," or "I used to be mormon." is often followed by "so I KNOW WHY they do things." Give me a break. People don't know, or understand my relationship with god. Thats because its MINE. MY RELATIONSHIP with GOD. A seperate but equal case are Jehovah's Witnesses. Yeah they can be pushy. Yeah i don't really like the feeling i had when i was visiting with some who knocked on the door of our apartment in tampa. BUT THEY'RE GOOD PEOPLE NO DOUBT. Trying to do what [they think] is best for everyone. My views are different. BIG DEAL! Hence when people argue "Jehovah's witnesses pray on the weak minded," I tend not to listen. However much truth is in that statement, i don't really care. What i care about is their relationship with god. Did they pray about it? Did they listen to the spirit?

I have enough confidence in the holy ghost to let them know certain things. #1-- Jesus Christ is the son of god. He is Jehovah of the old testament. I read a psalm the other day [ooh, listen to me i sound all baptis' all the sudden] and to me it proved that jesus was jehovah. To me. Thats why i'm not going to provide the reference. Pray about it. Faith precedes the miracle, and thats how prayers are answered.

On the topic of prayer, i'm a little worried. I thought i had this whole fall thing figured right out. I fasted and prayed, and felt really good about staying here. Now i'm more scared. I think my bishop subconciously made me not as certain about my decision. I feel the way he described of not knowing with certainty if what i'm doing is right. Oh well. Next august, fast sunday will roll around, and i'm confident that if i really want to know, he'll tell me. I think he's told me, but not for sure. "Ask and ye shall recieve, knock and it shall be opened unto you." D&C 4:8? I dunno where thats at in d&c 4, but its in there.

So we come full circle. Christ loves us all enough for us to figure things out. Bigotry in any form goes against christ's teachings. A poster said in a comment "Substitute the word Mormon for Muslim in any of these comments and suddenly you're being super ignorant." or something to that effect.

I love you for reading this rant.

Thanks for caring about me.

Hazel rules.

Doctors update:

I'm still not better! More at 11.

i don't know how to fix the medicinal situation. I want to just stop taking drugs altogether, but thats less of an option for my doctor. He doesn't like that idea. In the mean time, i'm going back to school, and junk since i doubt i'll be better overnight, and we'll see exactly what happens. My mission president's son had a similar issue, and he wound up getting married a few months back. I just wish i could talk with him about how he dealt with everything.

You rule once again.

Love you all,

Elder Bennett

er...

Randall

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you mean by "I thought i had this whole fall thing figured right out." What are you referring to?

Big Bro

10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.