20... getting over life.

Monday, April 05, 2004

W00t for this week

today is the shortest entry of my mission. And i am geniuenly sorry about that.

alright, here comes the quick update. I've got a few more minutes than previously estimated. Last week was great/dreadful. A mission is a lot like the second coming; every day is great and dreadful.

We had zone development meeting on tuesday, which basically re-invegorates everyone, and then we moved out the north fort myers apartment. There aren't going to be any more elders around these parts anytime soon. Then we went on exchanges, and didn't have any appointments, so that chupared.

Wednesday, we tracted, and met a cool family, who doesn't really want to learn more, but was cool never the less. We had a bunch of people dogg us, and then went and ate at the schultz's house. I love that family.

Thursday, Zone Conference!!! I finally got a memorization award... and in record slow time of 5 months. Actually, 5 months is about the median, so i'm not that dumb. All it took was my bike wreck to progress. =) I felt the spirit really strongly, as did our mission president who relayed a message that he felt the spirit as strong in that meeting as he did when he met the prophet. I think that says something about this mission. Its going to be exploding here quickly.

I finally met a family who might get baptized. Miguel, this really cool guy from the Dominican Republic, and his wife brenda are interested in the church. Miguel worked with the church before, like 20 years ago in the DR, and really liked it. I taught miguel a 1st, a 2nd, and then I taught brenda a 1st. So yeah, go prepared famialies. We're heading back over there tonight to teach them.

General conference was like whoa. I loved it so much. The only problem was, I read an article in the new era about how they make general conference, and it made me think about the production side of things, so i was constantly directing it in my head. (ready 2, take 2!) and the sort. Their robotic cameras need some fine tuning, because sometimes they zoom way too fast, but yeah.

Oh yeah, and i felt the spirit too.

just kidding.

I watched general conference like i've never watched it before. Listening to all the talks so intently, and with the spirit so strong, as i am actually prepared to listen, it was just amazing. I want to make sure to go to the temple before i get released so i can feel it just as strong again.

Thanks go to cheryl alldredge, the stewart family, and anyone else who wrote/e-mailed. I swear i'm going to catch up. Its sooo busy right now on my mission, so yeah. This is the preview entry. I'll write more if i have time.

any nerds reading this:
did hotmail get DoS'ed?

And on another note, if i was my brother rick, i'd want to beat me up so bad. I would hate me too. My brother rick is sooo much cooler than everyone. This is my public apology to him. Let me discourse on the coolness of a brother.

#1-- comforts me in times of strife.
#2-- ever since we were little would take me to do stuff.
#3-- opened his house, his heart, his family to me
#4-- saw me at the airport before i left on my mission.
#5-- came all the way to florida to see me!! (which is illegal now... so perfect timing!)
#6-- I could go on and on, but yeah... i'll save it for my letter to him.

got some good e-mails this week, some folks wrote me and i found out some stuff, so yeah!

later,

Elder Bennett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.